- 20-Apr-2017 to 05-May-2017 (CST)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
**** JOB OPPORTUNITY ****
TITLE: Assistant State Bank Examiner
LOCATIONS: Division of Finance
St. Louis, Missouri
The Division of Finance currently supervises 253 state-chartered banks with seventy-two bank examiners located in five cities throughout the state.
- Review the operation of state chartered banks to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Investigate for unsafe and unsound banking practices, and assess the adequacy of internal controls.
- Responsible for determining the financial condition of a bank by evaluating and rating six basic areas; capital, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity and market sensitivity.
- Considerable travel required.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of bank operations, financial examination procedures and information technology examination techniques.
- Proficient in the operation of personal computers including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other examiners, institution employees and management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally and prepare concise reports.
- Ability to demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with specialization in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or a closely related area, including or supplemented by six semester hours of accounting coursework.
- Professional or technical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME